Local instructor-led live Project Management training courses in Қазақстан.
Project Management Subcategories
Project Management Course Outlines
- This will be a one-day course and after the activity the trainees/participants will be able to:
- Define what is a risk, its origin and impact on the business as manifested by their increase awareness on the topic.
- Cite different instances that will be helpful for the organization to limit and, ideally eliminate risk.
- Perform proper forecasting of risk and challenges in a proactive manner.
- Discover numerous techniques to identify, mitigate and limit risk.
- Collaborate with internal channels to strengthen risk management for the organization as a whole.
- Training Setup:
- Target Headcount: 10 -20 per batch
- Target Date of Delivery: TBD
- Total Daily Duration: 7 hours duration + 1-hour lunch
- Set-up: Classroom and Presentation Set-up
- Instructor Led Training
- Role Playing
- Risk Analysis Exercise
- Presentation of Output and Activity Exercises
- Hardware and Equipment Needed
- White Board with Writing Materials
- Writing Paraphernalia for Participants
- Sound System/Lapel Mic
- Big Building Blocks/Lego
- Chocolates and other token for activities
- Certificate of Achievement/Completion
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
The course will also consider the latest guidance in the UK public sector around agile delivery and the GDS standard.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- understand agile and what agility means in a business context
- explain Scrum, and understand how it can be used to deliver projects
- explain Kanban, and understand how it can be used to deliver projects
- describe different agile techniques that can support project delivery
- communicate the importance of teams in delivering agile projects
- be aware of the GDS standard and its influence in UK public sector project delivery
ITIL 4 Foundation enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
ITIL 4 Foundation equips candidates with:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Who is ITIL 4 Foundation for:
ITIL 4 Foundation is suitable for individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization. The certification also applies to IT professionals who work within an organization that has adopted ITIL and so need to be aware of and contribute to the overall service improvement programme.
ITIL 4 continues to support the ITSM community while expanding to a wider range of professionals working in the digital world, guiding how IT interfaces with, and leads the wider business strategy.
Exam is obligatory:
Single-choice test consisting of 40 questions
The duration of the exam: 75 minutes (an additional 15 minutes for non-native language candidates for ITIL)
To pass the exam, it is necessary to obtain a minimum of 26 points out of 40.
This 2 day course is suitable for any IT professionals who are interested in implementing Iterative Agile and Scrum methodologies to manage software development. This course is particularly suited to project managers, team leaders, developers and customers of software development wishing to have a stake holding in the development process.
Who should attend?
This course has been created for managers, executives and other decision makers who want to know how to calculate the benefits of implementing the methodology or want to understand what their team is doing.
It is also suitable for customers of software development wishing to have a stake holding in the development process.
The course, Scrum Product Owner (SPO), utilizes a combination of presentations, discussions, and hands-on exercises explaining and demonstrating through practice. It illustrates what it is like to take on the role of an Agile team. The course covers all aspects of a product owner's involvement in an Agile product's life-cycle, such as gathering requirements rapidly, writing user stories, estimating story points, tracking, release planning, reporting, forecasting, scaling, and so on.
At the end of the course, each of the delegates will design and execute a test plan for a sample application (it can be an actual client application if available)
IT Director, Project Manager, Technical Team Leader, Analyst, Software Developer, Tester
The purpose of this training is to acquire knowledge and practice of the workshops aspects of Kanban and Agile foundations.
- Value the principles behind agile manifesto and its approach to software development
- Appreciate the roles within an agile team
- Understand how to contribute as an agile team member to quantifiable requirements
- Apply Whole Team quality methods to ensure acceptance criteria are met
- Appreciate the importance of effective Iteration Reviews and how to contribute to continuous improvement through retrospectives
The aim of the 1st day is to give an overview of these approaches enabling you to decide what might suit them in your environment.
The 2nd day looks at project management techniques and good practices that have been identified from Agile, and which can be applied in a Waterfall or Agile context.
Continuous Integration (CI) refers to all developers in a team merging their work several times a day.
CxO, Operation Managers, Enterprise Architects, Business and System Analysts and Designers
This introduction seminar provides you with an overview of the digital business models, business and enterprise architecture frameworks as well as methodologies that organizations are trying to focus on to increase their business agility facing disruptions of the digital age.
In particular, this seminar aims at helping you to understand frameworks and reference architectures that are used worldwide to align digital business models and IT system architectures with the changing competitive landscape.
Helping Business Analysts to understand how to efficiently model and validate their business processes and resources in order to increase business agility of their organization on the basis of their target architecture and changing market needs.
This 2 day training course aims at helping delegates to learn how to model their business processes and resources in order to adapt them to changes of their goals, strategies and impacted capabilities as part of the target architecture. On the basis of the key elements of business performance (strategies, tactics, KPI, business capabilities, etc...), delegates learn there how to elaborate a vision centric business process and resource cartography. Then, only using the appropriate BPMN and UML notation adapted to their language, they understand how to adapt them to changing strategies, tactics and policies.
This training course aims at helping product managers, products owners, business analysts, system architects and developers understand how to efficiently Manage Requirements on the basis of the product vision till guiding developers accurately in implementing them.
More in detail, this course aims at assisting product managers in better defining the value propositions of their products on the basis of strategies and stakeholder needs. Business Analysts and product owners understand how to describe requirements of the product backlog then discover appropriate epics and user stories of the system while contributing to the required value creation. Along interactive case study exercises, participants learn how to describe in detail such requirements in order to validate correct understanding of needs and prepare system acceptance tests. Thus, only using a very common and productive UML profile, they learn to structure requirements in order to communicate efficiently with architects and developers through an iterative requirement gathering process.
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Anyone interetsted in the Requirements Management Process
It combines the worlds of product design and software design.
You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). Associated Certification: SAFe Agilist (SA)
This class prepares teams to run a Program Increment (PI), including all meetings at the Team and Program level with a specific focus on the upcoming PI planning. Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP).
After this course, you should be able to:
Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
Know all other teams on the train, their roles and the dependencies between the teams
Execute iterations, demo value, and improve your process
Plan Program Increments
Integrate and work with other teams on the train